TWGHs CROSS Centre aims at providing counseling service to psychotropic substance abusers. It has been established since October, 2002. Subvented by SWD, our service coverage includes Hong Kong Island and Outlying Islands (e.g. Cheung Chau, Tung Chung, Mui Wo and Peng Chau).
- To assist clients' drug detoxification through counseling and community medical service.
- To develop resilience, self-confidence and to restructure a healthy lifestyle among those with a high vulnerability towards drug abuse.
- To promote anti-drug prevention educational program in the community to enhance drug-related knowledge and awareness.
- To provide professional training for social workers, teachers or other related professions to allow for a more effective management of drug abuse cases.
1. Counseling Service
- Individual and group counseling intervention on drug detoxification and relapse prevention.
- Family counseling, skills training program, group activities, voluntary services and career counseling.
2. Community Education Service
- To liaise with the local community and secondary schools to promote healthy lifestyle and anti-drug messages for youngsters.
3. Professional Training
- To organize training programs for youth workers, teachers or other related professions to enhance their capacity on early identification and handling of adolescents’ drug abuse problems.
4. Outreaching Service
- Reaching out to “black spots” to provide counseling and anti-drug education to high risk individuals or youngsters with drug abuse problems.
- Drug resource corner, computer and internet, television set, TV game set, magazine.
- Art facilitation room
- Music room (with drum sets, electronic guitar, keyboard and soundproof facility)
- Interview rooms
- Multi-purpose hall (projector, audio and video equipments)
- Psychotropic substance abusers and their family.
- People at the risk of having substance abuse.
- Youth workers, teachers, parents and for those who are concerned with drug abuse problems.
Our counseling service is free but a charge may be imposed on other services, depending on the service nature (i.e. activity groups).
- You may apply through our hotline and direct walk-in
- We accept referrals by family members, friends, teachers, social workers and medical practitioners
- Termination could be resulted by verbal or written agreement
Monday to Friday